Volunteer accompanying children with Down Syndrome and autism, Quito, Ecuador
You are the one who can assure these children to have the chance to grow up safe and healthy.
This centre offers medical, educational and moral support to newborns up to 17 years old teenagers that suffer under disabilities. In many cases their families come from unprivileged conditions and are unable to accept the condition of their kids. The most of them work, so that they lack of the time needed to take care of these children, which need much more attention than normal kids.Due the lack of centres that accept this kind of children this organization is very busy.
The people working on this centre will assist you with all the information that you’ll need to get around the Sucre and use the public transport. They will tell you what to do and what not to do in the city, so that you will free and save to get to know Bolivia a bit better.
You’ll perform tasks such as feeding, bathing and clothing the children, taking the children for walks and arranging outdoor activities, assisting with horseback therapy, helping medical staff with rehabilitation therapy, Working in the laundry and garden, providing mentally stimulating activities for children who have physical difficulties but are mentally healthy, Organizing didactic activities, such as arts and crafts and more.
Join this project and make the difference!
You don’t need any medical studies to participate in this project, neither to help for any medically–related activities, you’ll be always surrounded by professionals.
In this project you’ll feel how rewarding it is to give your love to children that suffer under hard conditions, and that in a lot of cases just need a bit of patience and comprehension. Be the one to make them smile again, to improve their quality of life and yours at the same time by taking part of an experience that will rest in your memory for ever. Make a difference to disabled children and learn to see the world from their eyes. If you feel the urge to make earth a better place for children that can’t go through without help, apply now. This is your chance to change your life.
Families & Homestays
Our families know, due to their experience, what it means to be a real host. They have received many students from different nationalities, occupations and ages. We will take into consideration your likes and preferences. Living with a local family is the best way to learn their customs, likes, and style while you learn a new language.
Residences & Hostels
If you want to live with several local and foreign students, you can choose to stay in a private or shared room in any of the students' residencies we offer you. Sharing a place with young people from all over the world is a great opportunity to learn about different cultures and make new friends as well as learning about the place in which you are studying.
Your role as a volunteer
On this volunteer project you'll have to work on your empathy. You need to walk on these people's shoes and try to think what would need or like if you were them. You need to listen and to spend time with them to be able to fulfill their needs. The staff is very savvy and open to help you in everything you may need. But it is important for you to be perceptive and proactive.
Usual Volunteer Tasks
- Over 18 years old
- High school degree
- Health insurance, accident and liability
- Commitment to the Host Organization,its rules and tasks
- High school degree
- To be open mind and to have willing heart
- To be flexible, creative, enthusiastic of spirit and have lots of energy
- Any previous experience on social work will be valued
- Fulfill with all legal and formal requirements for your Volunteer*
- To watch out for children’s physical and mental health
- To assist on rehabilitation activities
- To work on maintenance activities
- To get involved with the disabled
- Working in the laundry and garden
- To spend time with them making them happier
- Preparation of recreational and sports activities
- Assisting the staff and other volunteers on routine duties
- Assisting with horseback therapy
The tasks named above will be arranged with every volunteer according to each one’s skills and special abilities.
- Seeing the children and adults gradually develop their skills and capabilities with your help.
- Learning about different therapies that can assist people with Down Syndrome
- Make your experience with disabled children, babies and teenagers and expand your horizons.
Contact us NOW!
Our Team is ready to help you: